Comprehensive site audit
- What is it for?
- SEO Audit
- Performance and configuration audit
- Conversion Rate Audit
- Goals and achievements
- Result and benefit
Like any programmed thing, the site needs constant improvement in order to find optimization points to achieve the highest level for your business.
Since site traffic directly affects income, the highest conversion rates are for sites with the best search query and optimization. To attract customers, you will need to audit your site, find optimization points, and refine existing applications and themes.
The events of recent years have also reinforced the growing consumer desire for convenience, speed, and simplicity. So, 64% of consumers consider it a good reason to buy goods online if there is direct home delivery, and 57% if there is a lower price. For half of the respondents, a more convenient way to buy (54%), round-the-clock availability (50%), and a larger assortment to choose from (47%) are also important.
In 2022, the e-commerce industry was in the top 3 fastest growing industries in the world and the trend for 2023 shows that e-commerce will take the lead in the coming year and increase growth potential. Every day, large corporations fight among themselves to increase brand awareness. Shopping will become more and more personalized. Marketers paying attention to these data signals will gain a competitive advantage.
The site of the online store must be adaptive. Considering that the majority of users purchase products using mobile devices, it is preferable to convert them to a web application for an optimal mobile experience across all channels. Some brands also bundle web apps with an accelerated mobile page or a stripped-down HTML copy of the mobile web page that loads instantly, which in turn improves Google search results, increases traffic, and more importantly provides the opportunity for a higher user experience of the site that as a result, it increases the conversion of the website.
What is it for?
Website audits are an important aspect of running a successful business, especially when it comes to eCommerce. These audits are designed to cover multiple areas of your business, including SEO, content, CRO, performance, supply chain, platform analysis, and more. An audit is a great opportunity to see each component, properly assess it, and identify problems and areas that can be improved. The results will turn into a map that you can use to optimize your business. Also, when it comes to optimizing all the chains of your business, it is important to highlight the points that will help optimize work processes to save resources for running your business.
SEO is a great place to start because can really improve your sales by making it easier to find your search engines. You should focus on whether product pages are visible to search engines and users alike. Here are some of the things you should look at:
- How do you handle expired or out-of-stock products with redirects and links to the related products?
- How do you handle the SEO on seasonal products?
- How do you handle SEO on new products?
- What is the content like on your product pages?
- What is your internal linking like?
- Are related products organized properly?
- Do you have high-quality images on your product pages?
Performance and configuration audit
One of the most important things when it comes to an online business is choosing the right eCommerce platform. Your audit should definitely include figuring out whether you need a platform switch or not. If your sales have been dropping for a while now and you don’t get any new customers, you should think about checking a new platform that could potentially bring you some new customers. A great new platform can bring you an uplift in sales. Some of the reasons you should do this include:
- Better User Experience - What is the navigation on your website like? What is your site speed like? Check your imaging, check-out process, and new features. You should also check the features that directly impact your CRO and SEO.
- Mobile Optimization - You need to optimize your website for mobile devices because they’ve become a priority for web users and the Google algorithm, which was updated in 2015 to put mobile friendliness first.
- Market Conditions - Because there is an increased need to give users a great multi-channel experience, evolving market conditions may need to change how you integrate your social commerce.
- Scalability - Your business can easily outgrow your current platform, which can impact you negatively. Is the current platform you’re using able to handle your business as it grows?
- Cost - If the cost is cheaper on another platform for the same (or better) quality, why would you stay on your current platform?
- Platform Speed - Slow loading speed can be detrimental to SEO and your search engine ranking, which can impact the number of visitors you get. If someone visits your page and it takes too long to load, your bounce rate will skyrocket.
Conversion Rate Audit
Your site needs to convert traffic. This is an essential part of running any business, attracting the largest possible audience, the more visits, the higher the level of sales.
You can use conversion rates to maximize the percentage of users that end up converting into buyers. To get more conversions, you need to improve several aspects of your website to improve processes and sales. There are several factors that affect the conversion rate, and here are some of them that you should pay attention to:
- Homepage and landing pages. These are the most visited pages on the site, and bounce rates are determined from these two types of pages. Your customers are most likely to land here, so these pages need to be top-notch if you want them to convert. Third-party advertising should also be removed.
- Subscription forms. Review your subscription forms to see if you are asking for any unnecessary information. Is your lead magnet or reward good enough?
- Audit of category and product pages. Your page should have an easy buying process. The checkout process is an important part of CRO because many people abandon their carts. Your checkout process should be simple, smooth, and fast to reduce abandoned carts.
- Review your calls to action. Your conversion rates may be low due to ineffective CTAs or calls to action on your site. Take some time to inspect them and make them more desirable.
When you have a better understanding of how you need to improve your eCommerce store, and when you have a coherent plan that you can use, it will be easier for you to know what to look for.
As you go through the audit process, you can use Google Analytics to measure all of your improvements. You will also be able to better understand your customers.
Understand what works and what doesn't so you don't waste time on ineffective strategies.
Find out how your customers behave in the market.
Using Google Analytics can increase the success of your eCommerce business. Here’s how it can do that:
- You can see your traffic by the source to find out which sources of traffic give you the best return. This helps you focus on them and improve other channels.
- You can get segmentation data which can help you find out how valuable your returning customers are.
- Conversion rates help you to test various things on your site to see what works and what doesn’t.
- You can see custom demographics and see which groups visit your website.
- You can see the number of unique purchases on your website.
- You can see why people are buying some things more and some things less.
Goals and achievements
Before starting any campaign, you need to be clear about what your goals are. This means that you need to know the reason for the audit and what you want to achieve by it. So, do you want to increase conversions? Do you want to increase the number of visitors on your website? Is your goal to improve some of your processes?
A content audit can help you in all of these cases, but the elements you focus on will be different. When you want to increase traffic, your focus will be on your SEO and marketing methods like social media or PPC. But, if you want to increase conversions once your users are on your website, you will have to work there directly by improving its processes and elements.
So, before you start with your content audit, you should start thinking about your goals first before you start to come up with a plan to execute it.
Website audits are crucial for many different industries. You can use them to fix some of your mistakes, repeat what was good, and update what can be better.
For a quality audit, you will need a team of professionals with experience in optimizing websites for specific business goals. The more precisely you can determine what goals you want to achieve in the short term and what plans you have for expansion, the more accurately the team that will work on your site will be able to implement the planned changes with what you have in mind.
Result and benefit
Regular website audits help companies stay flexible and comply with Google's ever-changing policies. Website auditing is an important measure to improve the efficiency and visibility of a website. Audits improve Google search rankings, increase website traffic and performance, and last but not least, optimize business processes to conserve company resources. A website audit provides a business with an exceptional opportunity to grow online.
We provide our customers with a variety of website support options to choose from. We can offer a comprehensive audit of the site and make the necessary changes once, or we can audit several times a year and make small changes to the site. This will help your company keep up with rapidly changing trends and gain an edge over the competition to attract new customers.
We specialize in the overhaul and optimization of various web and mobile solutions, as well as the development of complex websites, marketplaces, and applications.
Our team consists of web developers, SEO specialists, and graphic designers.
So that we can offer you a full range of works on your site in a reasonable time.
After we complete a website audit, companies can expect to receive a summary report that includes all optimization points and a map of changes needed. The report will also provide the most effective way to correct identified inconsistencies.
Let's get in touch and find out how we can help you reach the highest level of your business!
Leave your comment